Welcome to 4th Grade Technology. The focus of this year will center around collaborative lessons with real life application outside of the class. Everything completed in class will also involve elements of computer and online safety including:
- Protecting yourself while in an online community
- Talking safely within an online community
- Protecting yourself from online scams
- Setting strong passwords to keep your identity safe
- being a good digital citizen
- protecting yourself from online security theft
- power of words
- how to respond to mean and scary language on the Internet
- understanding your digital footprint.
Unit 1: Setting Standards (File Management)
I CAN identify three ways keep myself safe while using technology.
Unit 2: Internet Safety (Browsers)
I CAN identify three ways to keep myself safe while using the Internet.
Unit 3: Evolution of Technology (Google Docs or Slides)
I CAN identify how communication technology has changed through eras such as Native American, Colonial, early 1900’s, mid 1900’s, late 1900’s, and 2000’s.
Identify examples of communicative technology in each era for writing letters/notetaking, sharing news, social media, chatting, telephones, sharing your thoughts/stories.
Predict the next big communicative technology tool.
Unit 4: NC Regions or Landmarks (Google Slides or Maps)
I CAN identify the characteristics of various regions/landmarks in NC.
Tour North Carolina with Mrs. Rasey’s class.
Tour North Carolina with Mrs. Chartier’s class.
Tour North Carolina with Mrs. Alala’s class.